Thursday 28 March 2013

It's been a long week. Tomorrow is Friday and I cannot wait for the weekend. I have spent the past three days in front of the Mac, compiling all 60+ pages evidence for an upcoming court case. It's a long story, but basically our last tenant left without paying his mast month's rent. He was a terrible tenant and tried to sue us for 5000 pounds! Needles to say, he lost, but not before costing me hours of time fighting the court case - precious  time I could have spent with my newborn baby girl.

Anyway, I cannot even begin to explain the relief I feel having sent the papers off yesterday. With the case hanging over me, I haven't had any motivation to do housework, sew, bake - nada! Whilst I was in the throes of tackling the case, Ed ran out of underwear, the washing spilled out over the laundry basket, our sheets looked like they would crawl off the beds and even the bath was dusty. As soon as those papers were sent off to the court - boom! My heart started singing and all was right with the world. Since then all the bed sheets have been changed, bread has been baked, three loads of washing have been washed and dried and the downstairs floor has been washed. We're not even 24 hours post-court fighting! It all helps that it has been sunny here for over a week, with temps as high as 23 degrees C.

Nina playing in the sun - God help us if we try to take the bike helmet off of her!

Whether it's an essay, a court case or any other intense paperwork, the result is always the same when it's completed -heavenly bliss! If only I could hold that moment of euphoria in my mind, when tackling my writing tasks - it would certainly beat dreaming about cleaning skirting boards!


No comments:

Post a Comment