Sunday 12 May 2013

We're home!

I made it through and did not run out of salad, nor starve. I had a lovely time, although I did spend an inordinate amount of it preparing salad for seven people every meal!
Serving up my famous roasted sweet potatoes, grated ginger, cumin and garlic...
I did cheat a little, but I didn't suffer too badly. I definitely felt the effects of having some wine and cheese, with the inflammation getting quite bad towards the end. Everybody was super accommodating and I really didn't feel like my diet had too much of an impact on anyone else, which was a relief.

A little reading break at the Beach Library...
Definitely not wearing my bikini in this one!
The weather was crappy and the boys only got to surf a few times. It was so cold, that there were no bikini moments - another thing I was dreading! I had bought a lovely pair of bikini surf style, short shorts for the occasion, so that I could wear bikini bottoms underneath with all my dressings, too. I know when the time comes, I'll still be paranoid about wearing a tight fitting pair of shorts. C'est la vie!

When everyone had ice cream, Nina and I had sorbet, which was delicious. I really savoured those junk food moments, knowing that it would all have to be very worth it for the consequences that would follow!


We had to have the apartment clean, sheets laundered and be out by 10 am Sunday morning, so thought it would be easier to clean up Saturday and spend the last night at our place - just an hour's drive from the apartment and on the way home for the others. We packed up, cleaned up and Ed and I headed home with Nina, whilst Tyla and the others spent a few hours at the lake.

Our holiday roomie, Elliot - what a beauty!

We got a BBQ on the go and finished up with plenty of good wine. A plus for me was that I had everything unpacked, put away, washing on and all back to normal by Saturday evening - a day earlier than expected.

Back in the tiny kitchen, marinating the pork chops for the Barbie.
So overall, it went well. I had to resort to painkillers by the end of the week, but only in the evening before bed. I had one incident of a little stomach distress, after treating myself to some 85% Lindt chocolate. Another downside to avoiding certain foods, is that your body quickly develops an all round intolerance to them. From having an iron stomach for my whole life, I am now lactose intolerant. I did eat nearly the whole bar of chocolate, so perhaps I went just a little overboard...

Now I must prepare for my little trip to UK.  I fly out Tuesday with the wee one, so I need to get myself ready for holiday part deux....


All images © 2013 Leila Bodros. Not to be used, copied or redistributed without express permission from Leila Bodros.


4 comments:

  1. when did your HS start??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it started around 13 years ago, but it was not diagnosed until 2011, so all those years of Stage 1, diagnosed as 'ingrown hairs' passed by before i even knew what it was....

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I haven't had a formal diagnosis of the stage I am at, but I would guess between 2-3 as I have many different areas of suppuration and sinus tracts between sites.

      Delete