Tuesday 23 April 2013

Hangover. Day 3.

Wow. This is not good. How did I used to suffer this pain all the time? I am 3 days into recovery from my 'binge' on Saturday and my HS is horrible! I have new spots, pain and all over discomfort. It hurts to sit down again - well, it always hurts a little to sit down, but right now? Horrible! I am taking paracetamol again - just one in the morning and one at night to help me sleep. I am having to completely strap all my wounds up, to stop the pain that I am getting from the chaffing. there are so many unmentionable side effects from a flare, I am just going to stop right now!

Monday was a complete right off. Now that was due to the wine hangover. When did it get so hard to overcome a night of drinking? I guess I didn't feel so bad Sunday, because I was still buzzing a little from the lovely evening we'd had the night before, but Monday was a different story. I was tired, in pain and just one thing after another went wrong - I even locked myself out and had to break in by climbing through the neighbours' gardens - not an easy feat when you are suffering a big HS flare!

The good news is I'm coming out of it though and I know it will get better than this. Before, a flare like this would have really gotten me down, as I would have had no clue as to how to reduce the pain again.   I wouldn't say I feel completely in control, but at least I know that by staying on the right food path, the inflammation will slowly subside. Even though I am moaning now, I know that the reality is that this pain could be 100% worse right now. My 'golfball' has not swollen back up to a golfball since I started the AI diet. All the HS spots I have right now have done a complete cycle over the last three days and at the risk of sounding icky (which we always do with this disease!), all are leaking nicely!

So it's been a tough couple of days, but I am still feeling positive. The worst thing I can do is start thinking about what I haven't/can't do when i'm in pain. This morning I put zero pressure on myself to achieve anything and it worked; no expectations for me =  increased motivation. In the end, I managed to bake bread for the rest of the family (which always makes you feel like you've achieved something doesn't it?) and ended up doing a lot of washing and housework - success!

As far as the diet goes, I am pretty keen to start reintroducing foods in a controlled way soon. I hope I don't trip myself up again and manage to stay on the right path!

No comments:

Post a Comment